What to expect
Built from 1879 to 1894 for the Duchess of Galliera, the Palais Galliera
is the very incarnation of the Fine Arts style. Even today, one is struck by the opulence of this architectural setting, designed to house the Duchess's art collections. It is no longer paintings or sculptures that are preserved there but costumes by the thousands. These textile artworks being extremely fragile, they are presented to the public only during temporary exhibitions
. Thus, the Musée de la Mode de la Ville de Paris
does not have permanent collections and is therefore open only part of the year. It has more than 90 000 treasures inherited from past centuries: clothes, shoes, leather goods but also fans, parasols, gloves or fashion photographs. Visit the exhibitions of this museum dedicated to elegance and refinement with a queue-jump ticket, on sale at no extra cost with Ticketeaser.
Opening hours for the Palais Galliera
The Palais Galliera opens its doors exclusively for temporary exhibitions. These hours only apply during the opening period:
Open Tuesday to Sunday from 10am to 6pm (last entrance 5.15pm)
Late night opening on Thursdays until 9pm (last entrance 8:15 pm)
Closed on Mondays and May 1st.
Exhibition "Margiela / Galliera, 1989-2009"
Full Price: 10€
Reduced price: 8€ (only available on directly at the museum)
Full price : from 27 yrs old
Reduced price (upon presentation of a valid proof of idendity and /or valid document proving your situation) :
- Young people aged 18 to 26 inclusive
- Holders of the "Paris Pass Famille" and "Famille nombreuse" cards
- Teachers and documentalists working in schools
- Holders of the Navigo "Améthyste-Emeraude" card
- Members of the Sauvegarde de l'art Français, the Société de l'Histoire de l'Art Français, the Société française d'archéologie and the Société nationale des antiquaires de France
Tickets must be printed. Digital tickets are not accepted and tickets will not be refunded if presented.
Free admission (upon presentation of a valid proof of idendity and /or valid document proving your situation) :
- Under 18 years of age
- Art students
- Disability card
- Social minima
- Maison des Artistes
- Guides and speakers
- Paris Museums map
- Society of Friends of the MAM.
Currently at the Palais Galliera, Museum of Fashion of the City of Paris
Tips for visiting
- For security reasons, access to the museum and the cloakroom is forbidden to any type of suitcases, as well as large travel bags or backpacks. Small travel bags or backpacks smaller than A3 only (height 42cm x width 29.7cm) are accepted in the locker rooms.
- Tickets must be printed. Digital tickets are not accepted and tickets will not be refunded if applicable.
Closure for contstruction works
From 16th July 2018 (after the end of the Margiela exhibition) the Palais Galliera will close its doors to transform the basement spaces into permanent galleries and create the first permanent fashion museum in France. Reopening planned for December 2019.