What to expect
Do you have an appreciation for military history? A visit to the Army Museum and its incredible collection of weapons and armour will take you back to the heart of the most epic battles in French history. Numerous other thematic exhibitions will also allow you to learn exciting details about the evolution of artillery techniques during the French Revolution and to even touch some of the biggest cannons of the time!
But if the Musée de l'Armée attracts more than a million visitors and curious people every year, it is also because its golden dome shelters Napoleon the 1st's imposing tomb. Feel free to soak up the special atmosphere under the dome in front of the emperor's burial place.
||Opening hours for the Army Museum - Les Invalides
|1 April to 31 October
||Daily from 10am to 6pm
|1 November to 31 March
||Daily from 10am to 5pm
- The Historial Charles de Gaulle is closed every Monday.
- Closure of the museum on 1st January, 1st May and 25th December.
- The 1st Monday of each month: only the church of the Dome (the tomb of Napoleon 1st), the Cathedral of Saint-Louis des Invalides, the temporary exhibition in progress and the artillery course of the Cour d' honneur are accessible.
- On the 1st Monday of July, August and September, the whole museum is open except for the Historial Charles de Gaulle.
- During Christmas and winter holidays, the museum is open until 5:30 pm.
- On Tuesday, from April to September, the Dome church, the modern department and the current temporary exhibition are open until 9pm.
- In July and August, the Dome church (the tomb of Napoleon I) is open until 7pm.
- Full price (from 18 years old): 12€.
Cancellation conditions: Non-cancellable, non-refundable tickets.
Price reduced to 10€ (only available at the ticket office of the museum) for:
- Army Veterans
- Holders of the SNCF "Large family" SNCF card
- Groups of 10 persons or more, by reservation only
- Holders of the Paris Visite Pass (valid card and coupon)
- Military Reservists (on presentation of a military identity card)
Free admissions on presentation of proof for: .
- Young people under 18 years of age
- Job seekers residing in the European Union
- Beneficiaries of social minima (on presentation of proof of less than 6 months) residing in France
- Disabled visitors and one attendant per disabled person
- Journalists residing in the European Union
- Members of ICOM and ICOMOS
- Civilian personnel of the Ministry of Defence
- The French military
- Foreign military personnel (in uniform)
- Members of the Friends of the Army Museum Society
- Young people between 18 and 25 years old who are nationals or residents of the European Union and holders of the Education Pass: free access to the permanent collections, the Church of the Dome , the tomb of Napoleon 1st, the Cathedral of Saint-Louis des Invalides, the Historial Charles de Gaulle, the Museum of the Order of the Liberation and the Maps Museum. To visit the temporary exhibition, it will be necessary to buy a ticket for 5€ at the ticket office.
NB: All visitors who have free access to the museum must collect a "free ticket" at the ticket office.