What to expect
Close to the Champs-Elysées, fall under the charm of the Petit Palais
housing the Museum of Fine Arts of the City of Paris.
If its eclectic collections, mixing paintings, sculptures, furniture and graphic arts, are worth a detour, it is the architecture of the place that gives this small and relatively unknown museum its unique charm. Built during the 1900 Universal Exhibition
, the Petit Palais has a pretty enclosed garden
bordered by a colonnade and an impressive sculpted dome. Its eclectic architecture and sumptuous decorations were patiently restored in the early 2000s and recovered all their splendour from the past. The Petit Palais hosts temporary exhibitions
several times a year, renowned for their quality and particularly attended. Discover this unique art venue by booking your queue-jump tickets.
Opening hours for the Petit Palais
Open Tuesday to Sunday from 10am to 6pm (rooms are evacuated from 5:45pm)
Late opening on Fridays until 21h (for temporary exhibitions only- rooms are evacuated from 20h45)
Closed on 1st January, 1st May, 14th July, 15th August and 25th December.
Access to the permanent collections is free.
Exhibition Fernand Khnopff (1858-1921) - The master of the enigma
Full Price: 13 €
Reduced rate: 11 € (only available on site)
Jean Jacques Lequeu (1757-1826) - Builder of fantasies
Full price: 11 €
Reduced rate: 9 € (only available on site)
Full price : from 27 years old
Reduced price (upon presentation of a valid proof of idendity and /or valid document proving your situation) :
- Young people aged 18 to 26 inclusive
- Holders of the "Paris Pass Famille" and "Famille nombreuse" cards
- Teachers and documentalists working in schools
- Holders of the Navigo "Améthyste-Emeraude" card
- Members of the Sauvegarde de l'art Français, the Société de l'Histoire de l'Art Français, the Société française d'archéologie and the Société nationale des antiquaires de France
Tickets must be printed. Digital tickets are not accepted and tickets will not be refunded if presented.
Free admission (upon presentation of a valid proof of idendity and /or valid document proving your situation):
- Up to and including the age of 17
- Holders of minimum social benefits: RSA, lone parent allowance, personalised autonomy allowance and State social assistance for refugees
- People with disabilities and their companions
- Disabled war veteran and their companion
- Professional visual artists
- Culture professionals (international association of art critics, lecturers and guides, French and foreign curators, the Old Paris Commission, journalists and arts press union, ICOM and ICOMOS members)
- Paris Museums Card
- Officials of the City of Paris and Parisian elected officials in office or retired
- INALCO students
- Groups of students from the workshops of the City of Paris Fine Arts and their guide (10 persons minimum)
- Students in art, art history or archaeology
- International Association of Art Critics
- For the inhabitants of the City of Rome which is twinned with Paris
Tips for visiting
For security reasons, luggage (including cabin suitcases) is forbidden in the museum.
The museum thanks its visitors in advance for their understanding of the slowdown caused by the security controls at the entrances.