What to expect
If the Pompidou Centre
immediately comes to mind when one thinks of the places dedicated to the art of the twentieth century in the capital, another institution is of great quality, the Musée d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris.
Located in a wing of the Palais de Tokyo
in the sixteenth arrondissement, this large-scale museum has over 10,000 works by the greatest French and international artists, from Pablo Picasso to Ossip Zadkine
and from Robert Delaunay to Amedeo Modigliani.
One of his greatest masterpieces is undoubtedly his version of La Danse, these monumental paintings painted by Henri Matisse
for an American collector, Doctor Barnes. Since 1961, the museum has hosted particularly popular exhibitions, such as those devoted to Matthew Barney in 2001 and Jean-Michel Basquiat in 2011. Don't lose your time in a queue and discover this wonderful museum as quickly as possible with a queue-jump ticket.
Opening hours of the City of Paris Museum of Modern Art
Open from Tuesday to Sunday from 10am to 6pm (last entrance 5.15pm)
Late-night opening on Thursdays until 10 pm (only for temporary exhibitions - last entrance 9.15 pm)
Closed on 1 January, 1 May and 25 December.
Access to the museum is changing
As of June 1st 2018 and during all the construction works, the public entrance is on the Seine side at 12-14 avenue de New-York - 75116 Paris.
Access to the permanent collections is free.
Full Price : 10€
Reduced Price : 8€ (on sale only on site)
Full Price : from 27 years old
Reduced Price (upon presentation of a valid proof of idendity) :
- Young people aged 18 to 26 inclusive
- Holders of the "Paris Pass Famille" and "Famille nombreuse" cards
- Teachers and documentalists working in schools
- Holders of the Navigo "Améthyste-Emeraude" card
- Members of the Sauvegarde de l'art Français, the Société de l'Histoire de l'Art Français, the Société française d'archéologie and the Société nationale des antiquaires de France
Tickets must be printed. Digital tickets are not accepted and tickets will not be refunded if presented.
Free admission (upon presentation of a valid proof of idendity and /or valid document proving your situation) :
- Under 18 years of age
- Art students
- Disability card
- Social minima
- Maison des Artistes
- Guides and speakers
- Paris Museums map
- Society of Friends of the MAM.
Tips for visiting
- For security reasons, access to the museum and the cloakroom is forbidden to any type of suitcases, as well as large travel bags or backpacks. Small travel bags or backpacks smaller than A3 only (height 42cm x width 29.7cm) are accepted in the locker rooms.
- Tickets must be printed. Digital tickets are not accepted and tickets will not be refunded if applicable.