What to expect
Well hidden behind the imposing facade of the Palais de la Cité, the Sainte-Chapelle
reveals its gold and sumptuous stained glass windows
only to those who come to discover it! The religious building, located in the heart of the Ile de la Cité
, is considered to be the most outstanding example of flamboyant Gothic style throughout Europe. Nothing is too beautiful to shelter the crown of thorns of Christ, a relic preserved between the walls of this chapel since its construction in the middle of the 13th century. Closely associated with the history of the Saint-Louis and the Crusades, the Sainte-Chapelle is particularly distinguished by its dazzling stained-glass windows, which tell the story of more than a thousand scenes directly drawn from the Bible.
||Opening hours for the Sainte-Chapelle
|From 1st April to 30th September
||Open daily from 9h to 19h
|From 1st October to 31st March
||Open daily from 9h to 17h
Last admission 30 minutes before closing.
Closures: January 1st, May 1st and December 25th
- Full Price 10€ (from 18 years old)
Free admissions for the following:
- Persons under 18 years of age (family and non-school groups)
- Persons aged 18-25 (nationals of European Union countries and regular non-European residents in France)
- People with disabilities and their caregivers
- Jobseekers, upon presentation of an attestation of less than 6 months
- Culture Card - ICOM Card
- For everyone: the 1st Sunday of each month, from 1st November to 31st March
Cancellation conditions: tickets non-cancellable, non-refundable .
- The best time to visit the Sainte-Chapelle? We advise you to go in the morning, or during the last hour of opening (last admission 30 minutes before closing) to avoid the crowds!
- Buy a cheaper combo ticket to visit the Conciergerie de Paris located just a few steps from Sainte-Chapelle.