What to expect
The Cernuschi Museum
, entirely dedicated to Asian arts, is located in the very chic Parc Monceau district. It holds and presents to the public a collection of over 12,000 works, mainly from Japan, China, Korea and Vietnam.
Created at the end of the nineteenth century thanks to an important donation from Henri Cernuschi
, a rich collector, this museum is particularly famous for its collection of Chinese bronzes but also for a monumental sculpture of Buddha of Japanese origin, throning in its main room. Modern art is not to be outdone and the Cernuschi Museum also honours the works of Asian artists who lived in France during the last century, notably Foujita. It is a real pleasure to stroll in this museum on a human scale, peaceful but presenting collections of a unique richness. A ticket reserved with Ticketeaser
will allow you to discover one of the most pleasant museums in Paris.
Opening hours for the Cernuschi museum
Open Tuesday to Sunday from 10am to 6pm (last entrance 5.30pm and evacuation of the rooms at 5.45pm)
Late-night openings on Thursday until 9pm (only for temporary exhibitions - last entrance 8.15 pm)
Closed on 1st January, 1st May, 14th July and 25th December.
Temporary exhibitions at the Cernuschi Museum
Treasures of Kyoto, three centuries of Rinpa creation - From 26.10.2018 to 27.01.2019
The exhibition Treasures of Kyoto presents one of the major schools of Japanese painting, the decorative stream Rinpa, appeared in the early seventeenth century and whose production continues until today.
Access to the permanent collections is free.
Exhibition Perfumes of China
Full Price: 9€
Reduced Price: 7 € (only available on site)
Full Price : from 27 yrs old
Reduced Price (upon presentation of a valid proof of idendity and /or valid document proving your situation) :
- Young people aged 18 to 26 inclusive
- Holders of the "Paris Pass Famille" and "Famille nombreuse" cards
- Teachers and documentalists working in schools
- Holders of the Navigo "Améthyste-Emeraude" card
- Members of the Sauvegarde de l'art Français, the Société de l'Histoire de l'Art Français, the Société française d'archéologie and the Société nationale des antiquaires de France
Tickets must be printed. Digital tickets are not accepted and tickets will not be refunded if presented.
Free entry but not priority access (upon presentation of a valid proof of idendity and /or valid document proving your situation) :
- Up to and including the age of 17
- Holders of minimum social benefits: RSA, lone parent allowance, personalised autonomy allowance and State social assistance for refugees
- Professional plastic artists
- Old Paris Commission
- INALCO students
- Groups of students from the workshops of the Beaux-Arts de la Ville de Paris and their guide (10 persons minimum)
- Students in art, art history or archaeology
- For the inhabitants of the City of Rome which is twinned with Paris
Free entry and priority acess (upon presentation of a valid proof of idendity and /or valid document proving your situation) :
- For disabled people and the accompanying person
- Speakers and guides
- French and foreign conservators
- International Association of Art Critics
- Journalists and art press union
- Employees of the Tourist Office, the congresses of the City of Paris and the Ile-de-France / Seine et Marne Regional Tourism Committee
- Society of friends of the museum of which the cardholder is a member
- Officials of the City of Paris and Parisian elected officials in office or retired
members of ICOM and ICOMOS
- Military personnel mobilised in Paris and Ile-de-France within the framework of the "Sentinelles" operation upon presentation of their "Opération Sentinelle" card and for the duration of this operation.
- Disabled war veteran and their companion
- Holders of the "Paris Museums" card
- Holders of a "laissez-passer" ticket issued by Paris Musées
Tips for visiting
- For security reasons, access to the museum and the cloakroom is forbidden to any type of suitcases, as well as to large travel bags or backpacks. Only small travel bags or backpacks smaller than A3 (height 42cm x Width 29.7cm) are accepted in the changing rooms.
- Tickets must be printed. Digital tickets are not accepted and tickets will not be refunded if applicable.