Mont Saint Michel Abbey
Your request has been registered.
You will receive an e-mail as soon as this product is available again.
What to expect
Its imposing and majestic silhouette has been taking shape for centuries on the Normandy coast. Classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1979, the Abbey of Mont Saint Michel still arouses the fervour of pilgrims today, but also the admiration of all lovers of medieval religious architecture.
Perched on its island, the abbey shelters many hidden nooks and crannies: all along the twenty rooms that make up the heart of the visit, you will gradually enter into communion with the soul of the Benedictine monks who built the building in the 10th century. The abbey, at its summit, also offers many panoramic viewpoints from which you can admire the largest tides in all of Europe.
Temporary special measures for deconfinement
In order to guarantee optimal conditions after this confinement linked to the COVID-19 coronavirus, you will be asked to reserve the date and time of your visit to the Mont-Saint Michel Abbey free of charge. This reservation is compulsory and you will not be able to access the monument without its confirmation. All instructions will be sent to you immediately upon purchase. You will need to present your undated ticket and your day ticket during your visit.
2nd January - 30th April: Open every day from 9h30 to 18h
2nd May – 31st August: Open everyday from 9h to 19h
1st September – 31st December: Open every day from 9h30 to 18h
Last access 1 hour before closing.
Closed on 1st January, 1st May and 25th December.
- During periods of high tidal activity, access to Mont-Saint-Michel and therefore to the abbey can be affected for several days.
- The course includes many steps (approximately 350 steps). There is no elevator to the abbey.
- Suitcases and hiking bags are forbidden
- Animals are not allowed, even in a transport bag.
- Knives and scooters are prohibited.
- It is forbidden to smoke and eat in the monument.
- Site very difficult to access for people with reduced mobility
- Prohibited to dogs except guide and assistance dogs
- Cancellation conditions: tickets cannot be cancelled or refunded.
- Persons under 18 years of age (family and non-school groups)
- Persons aged 18-25 (nationals of European Union countries and regular non-European residents in France)
- People with disabilities and their caregivers
- Jobseekers upon presentation of an attestation less than 6 months old
- Culture Card - ICOM Card
- For all: 1st Sunday of November to March inclusive.
Access to Mont Saint Michel
|How to arrive at Mont-Saint-Michel|
- From Saint-Malo : exit n° 2, D 155 and D 797 or N 176 towards Pontorson, then D 976.
- From Caen : exit n° 8, N 175 towards Rennes until Pontaubault, then D 43, D 75 and D 275 towards Mont-Saint-Michel.
Access to Mont-Saint-Michel 24h/24, paid parking during the day. The car park is located 2.5 kilometers from Mont Saint-Michel. Access to the Mont can be done on foot or by free shuttle bus. The starting point of the shuttle buses is located in the carpark, the drop-off is 400 meters from the entrance to Mont Saint-Michel.
We used it to request four tickets for the following day.
I was surprised to see how many people do not book them in advance, the queue around 10.30 a.m. was already long and the waiting time was around or more than 30 mins.
We skipped the entire queue and entered right away.