Mont Saint Michel Abbey Tickets for the visit
What to expect
Its imposing and majestic silhouette has been taking shape for centuries on the Normandy coast. Classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1979, the Abbey of Mont Saint Michel still arouses the fervour of pilgrims today, but also the admiration of all lovers of medieval religious architecture.
Perched on its island, the abbey shelters many hidden nooks and crannies: all along the twenty rooms that make up the heart of the visit, you will gradually enter into communion with the soul of the Benedictine monks who built the building in the 10th century. The abbey, at its summit, also offers many panoramic viewpoints from which you can admire the largest tides in all of Europe.
From May 1st to August 31st: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
From September 1st to April 30th: 9:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Last entry 1 hour before closing.
The Abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel is open every day except: January 1st, May 1st, and December 25th.
- During periods of high tide coefficients, access to Mont-Saint-Michel, and therefore to the abbey, may be impacted for several days.
- The route includes many steps (about 350 steps). There is no elevator to access the abbey.
- Suitcases and hiking bags are prohibited.
- Animals are not allowed, even in a carry bag.
- Knives and scooters are prohibited.
- Smoking and eating in the monument is prohibited.
- The site is very difficult to access for people with reduced mobility.
- Dogs are prohibited except for guide and assistance dogs.
- Cancellation conditions: non-cancellable, non-refundable tickets.
- Under 18 years old (in family and outside school groups)
- 18-25 years old (citizens of European Union countries and regular non-European residents on French territory)
- Disabled person and their companion
- Job seeker, upon presentation of a certificate less than 6 months old
- Culture Card - ICOM Card
- The Abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel offers free admission on the first Sunday of the month from November to March inclusive
- For everyone, the first Sunday of the months of January, February, March, November, and December, and during the European Heritage Days
How to get to Mont-Saint-Michel
- From Saint-Malo: exit n° 2, D 155 and D 797 or N 176 towards Pontorson, then D 976.
- From Caen: exit n° 8, N 175 towards Rennes until Pontaubault, then D 43, D 75, and D 275 towards Mont-Saint-Michel.
Good to Know
Access to Mont-Saint-Michel 24/7, paid parking during the day. The parking lot is located 2.5 kilometers from Mont-Saint-Michel intramural. Access to Mont can be done on foot or by free shuttles. The shuttle departure point is located in the parking lot, and the drop-off is 400 meters from the entrance of Mont-Saint-Michel.
You can now go to the Abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel by train from Paris! The Normandy Region and SNCF Intercités and TER Normandie have launched a transport offer from the Paris-Montparnasse station to Granville, with a comfortable coach connection in Villedieu-les-Poêles to Mont-Saint-Michel.
We used it to request four tickets for the following day.
I was surprised to see how many people do not book them in advance, the queue around 10.30 a.m. was already long and the waiting time was around or more than 30 mins.
We skipped the entire queue and entered right away.
50170 Le Mont-Saint-Michel