Your request has been registered.
You will receive an e-mail as soon as this product is available again.
What to expect
The Château d' Azay-le-Rideau, situated on an island in the heart of the Loire Valley, is one of the first castles of the Loire built in the Renaissance style, characteristic of the 16th century style. Built between 1518 and 1527 under the reign of Francis I, this architectural gem is steeped in history.
Return to the heart of royalty by admiring the cultural richness near the Indre river. Immerse yourself with delight in this castle and climb the steps of its sumptuously decorated staircase while admiring the beauty of the ceilings and decorations of Italian inspiration. Stroll through the eight hectares of English gardens designed in the 19th century. Finally, admire a mirror of water reflected from the south facade of the castle which, as Honoré de Balzac said, is like "a diamond set by the Indre".
|Opening hours for the Château d’Azay-le-Rideau|
|1st January - 31 March|
|1st April - 30 June|
|1st July - 31st August|
|1st September - 30th September|
|1st October – 31st December|
Last access 1 hour before closing time
Closed: 1 January, 1 May and 25 December
The visit lasts about 1h30. A visit document is at your disposal, as well as a booklet for children from 6 to 12 years old.
An audioguide is available in French, English, German, Spanish, Italian and Spanish. An audioguide is available for children in French.
Cancellation conditions: tickets are non cancelable, non-refundable.
- Persons under 18 years of age (family and non-school groups)
- Persons aged 18-25 (nationals of the European Union and non-European legal residents in the territory of the European Union)
- People with disabilities and their caregivers
- Jobseekers, upon presentation of an attestation of less than 6 months
- Culture Card - ICOM Card
- Teachers carrying the Pass Education Pass
- For everyone: the 1st Sunday of each month, from November 1st to March 31st.