Pont du Gard
Your request has been registered.
You will receive an e-mail as soon as this product is available again.
We can offer you the following services for the same date:
What to expectBuilt in the heart of a region with a rich historical heritage, near Uzès and Avignon, the Pont du Gard is the most visited ancient monument in France. Built by the Romans in the first century BC, this masterpiece spanning the Gardon was originally intended to supply the city of Nîmes with water, located a few kilometers away. 48 meters high, this aqueduct classified by UNESCO is the highest of its kind in the world. It remains the only one with a triple row of superimposed arches. Its path follows the layout of the ancient work, leading from vestiges to belvederes with magnificent view points. Prouesse of Antiquity, it imposes itself with grace in an exceptional natural site, between the blue of the sky and the green of the scrubland. Its redevelopment in 2000, which restored its original setting, earned it the "Grand Site de France" label.
Opening hours for the Pont du Gard
January, November and December: from 9am to 6pm
February and March, April and October: 9am to 8pm
May: from 9am to 9pm
June and September: from 9am to 10pm
July and August: 9am to 11pm
Opening hours of the museographic areas and shops :
January : from 9am to 5.30pm
February and December: 9am to 5pm
March : from 9am to 6pm
April, May, June and September: 9am to 7pm
July and August: 9am to 8pm
October and November: from 9am to 6pm
The management of the Pont du Gard advises you to arrive no later than 50 minutes before the spaces close.
Adult price : 8,50 €
Child price (from 6 to 17 years old) : 6 €
Free for children under 6 years old
Reduced price at 6€ for:
- Beneficiaries of the RSA
- Visitors with disabilities + 1 accompanying person
- Large families
The Pont du Gard site includes four cultural areas:
- The museum: the history of the bridge and the genius of the Roman engineers who built it.
- Memories of Garrigues: a journey through the history of Mediterranean agriculture and the remains of the Roman aqueduct.
- Ludo: an educational space for children from 5 to 12 years old with workshops and learning games.
- The Cinema: the Pont du Gard is celebrated by mixing documentary and fiction projected on a 45 m² screen.
- To access the parking areas, an adult ticket must be scanned at the entrance to the site. The same adult ticket must be used and scanned to exit the parking lot. You do not need to pass by the reception desk.
- Animals are accepted on the Pont du Gard site on condition that they are kept on a leash. However, they are not allowed in museum spaces (Museum, Cinema, Ludo).
Access to the Pont du Gard site
The Pont du Gard is located between Remoulins (RN 100) and Vers-Pont du Gard (D 81), and 27km from Nîmes and 21km from Avignon.
By car Highway A9, Exit 23 at Remoulins, direction Uzès, then follow the signs on the right or left bank.
Supervised car parks are at your disposal during the opening hours of the site.
By train Nîmes and Avignon stations by the TGV.
Take advantage of a visit to the Pont du Gard site to discover other nearby monuments such as the Arena of Nîmes