Arena of Nîmes
Your request has been registered.
You will receive an e-mail as soon as this product is available again.
What to expect
This most well-preserved monumental witness of the Roman Empire will immerse you in the hectic atmosphere of the Games of Ancient Rome. With a two-storey structure and a profusion of arcades decorated with sculptures, the Arena of NImes will also invite you to explore its galleries. Thanks to your tickets bought easily Ticketeaser.com, you will also be able to discover, in the Gladiators' Quarter, weapons and combat clothing. As for the Colours of bullfights area, it will introduce you to the secrets of this sport and tell you about the prowess of its stars.
Opening hours for the Arena of Nîmes
|Janv, Feb, Nov, Dec.||March, Oct.||April, May, Sept.||June||July, Aug|
|Maison Carrée||10am-1pm / 2pm-4.30pm||10am-6pm (closed from 1pm to 2pm in October)||10am-6.30pm||10am-7pm||9.30am-8pm|
|Tour Magne||9.30am-1pm / 2pm-4.30pm||9.30am-1pm / 2pm-6pm||9.30am-6.30pm (closed from 1pm to 2pm in September)||9am-7pm||9am-8pm|
The Maison Carrée is open every day in 2018 except June 26 (closed for maintenance).
The Magne Tower is open every day.
The Nîmes arenas are open every day except during festivals and shows: the arenas have an uninterrupted tradition of hosting shows, which has enabled the monument to be preserved to this day. These shows require technical installations that may cause some noise or visual inconvenience for visitors, including the installation of a tarred floor on the track to preserve the sand in the arena. This coating is removed at the end of the summer. The city of Nîmes thanks the visitors for their understanding.
The visit to the Arena will be closed:
- From April 27th to 30th: Spectacle les "Grands Jeux Romains" (closed; no visits possible)
- May 1st: half-marathon of Nîmes (no visits possible in the morning)
- May 6: Aficionados Day (bullfighting event - complete closure, no visits possible)
- From 17 to 21 May: Pentecost Fair (complete closure, no visits possible)
- June 17, 20, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 and July 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 22 (afternoon concert, no visits possible)
- 14 to 16 September: Feria des Vendanges (complete closure, no visits possible)
- In view of the reinforcement of security measures, luggage, backpacks and suitcases are no longer accepted in the museum.
- We advise you to print your tickets to directly access the entrance. Smartphone tickets are only accepted at the cash desk and require you to queue.
- Access to the Maison Carrée and the Tour Magne is restricted for security reasons. Plan a waiting time more or less important according to the seasons and the hours of visit.
- Cancellation conditions: tickets cannot be cancelled, cannot be refunded.
Children from 7 to 17 years old, students, job seekers, holders of the Education Pass and disbaled personnes card benefit from the reduced rate on presentation of valid proof (of the current year).
Roman Nîmes Pass (Arena + Square House + Magne Tower)
Full price: 13 € / Reduced price: 11 €
**Arena tour with audioguide **
Full price: 10 € / Reduced price: 8 €
**Square House Tour **
Full price: 6 € / Reduced price: 5 €
**Tour of the Magne Tower **
Full price: €3.5 / Reduced price: €3
Children under the age of 7 and journalists are admitted free of charge on presentation of valid proof (for the current year).