What to expect
Attracting hundreds of thousands of visitors every year, the Couvent des Jacobins
is a must for anyone visiting the La ville en rose
. An imposing building and a gem of southern Gothic art, it surprises with its light interior lines, the two rosettes of its church and its aerial stained glass windows filtering an iridescent light. Among other things, one can see palm tree columns, an architectural curiosity dating from the 13th century supporting an impressive vault 28 metres high. The Couvent des Jacobins is also a cultural centre of the city of Toulouse
where people come to enjoy concerts or exhibitions. And for dreamers, sun loungers placed under the arcades of the cloister make it possible to savour the atmosphere of the places.
||Opening hours for the Couvent des Jacobins
|All year round
||Open every day except Mondays from 10am to 6pm.
No annual closures.
Church and the Chapelle de la Vierge : free entry
Couvent (Cloître, Salle capitulaire, Chapelle Saint-Antonin and Réfectoire) :
- Full price - individual : 4 €
- Reduced price : 2 € (groups of 15 persons or more, holders of the Toulouse Culture and Cosat card, beneficiaries of the RSA or social minimas, school groups outside Toulouse Metropole)*
- Free entry for all on the first Sunday of each month, for Toulouse residents on weekends upon presentation of the Muséelibre card, for under-18s, Toulouse Métropole school groups, CRIJ card holders, students, curators, journalists, Toulouse-Tisséo City Hall senior card holders, disability card holders, etc.
Toulouse City Pass
Toulouse City Pass includes:
- all public transport Tisséo
- free admission to museums and monuments in the city centre
- reductions on many activities
- a cruise on the Garonne or the Canal du Midi
PFor more details, visit the page dedicated to the Toulouse City Pass