What to expect
A symbol of the power of the Emperor Augustus, the magnificent Magne Tower is the sole surviving part of the extensive fortifications that surrounded the city of Nîmes during Roman rule. Set high on Mount Cavalier, the highest point of the city, this ancient watch tower is more than thirty metres high and even today visitors can admire its columns and the decorations on its walls. From the top you can look down on the delightful gardens known as the Jardins de la Fontaine as well as the Temple of Artemis - and most spectacularly of all take in a panoramic view over the entire city. With your queue cut tickets, you'll be able to chose the date of your visit and climb the 140 steps of the restored spiral staircase to the walkway at the top of the tower to enjoy this unique and ancient view.
||Jan, Feb, Nov, Dec.
||Apr, May, Sept.
|The Magne Tower
||9.30am -1pm / 2pm-4.30pm
||9.30am -1pm / 2pm-6pm
||9.30am-6.30pm (closed from 1pm to 2pm in September)
|The Maison Carrée
||10am-1pm / 2pm-4.30pm
||10am-6pm (closed from 1pm to 2pm in October)
The Magne Tower is open every day.
The Maison Carrée is open every day in 2018 except June 26 (maintenance).
The Nimes arenas are open every day except for the ferias and shows : they have an uninterrupted tradition of shows, which has enabled the monument to be preserved to this day. These shows require technical installations that may cause some noise or visual inconvenience for visitors, including the installation of a tarred floor on the track to preserve the sand in the arena. This coating is removed at the end of the summer. The city of Nîmes thanks the visitors for their understanding.
The visit to the Arena will be closed:
- From April 27th to 30th: Spectacle les "Grands Jeux Romains" (closed; no visits possible)
- May 1st: half-marathon of Nîmes (no visits possible in the morning)
- May 6: Aficionados Day (bullfighting event - complete closure, no visits possible)
- From 17 to 21 May: Pentecost Fair (complete closure, no visits possible)
- June 17, 20, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 and July 4, 5, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 22 (afternoon concert, no visits possible)
- 14 to 16 September: Feria des Vendanges (complete closure, no visits possible)
- In view of the reinforcement of security measures, luggage, backpacks and suitcases are no longer accepted in the museum.
- We advise you to print your tickets to directly access the entrance. Smartphone tickets are only accepted at the cash desk and require you to queue.
- Access to the Maison Carrée and the Tour Magne is restricted for security reasons. Plan a waiting time more or less important according to the seasons and the hours of visit.
- Cancellation conditions: tickets cannot be cancelled, cannot be refunded.
Children from 7 to 17 years old, students, job seekers, holders of the Education Pass and disbaled personnes card benefit from the reduced rate on presentation of valid proof (of the current year).
Roman Nîmes Pass (Arena + Square House + Magne Tower)
Full price: 13 € / Reduced price: 11 €
Arena tour with audioguide
Full price: 10 € / Reduced price: 8 €
Square House Tour
Full price: 6 € / Reduced price: 5 €
Tour of the Magne Tower
Full price: €3.5 / Reduced price: €3
Children under the age of 7 and journalists are admitted free of charge on presentation of valid proof (for the current year).