Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte
Your request has been registered.
You will receive an e-mail as soon as this product is available again.
We can offer you the following services for the same date:
What to expect
The delicate and elegant architecture of Vaux-le-Vicomte is unrivalled in taking the visitor by surprise and giving an impression of harmony and serenity. This style contrasts sharply with the more rigorous classicism of Versailles, which was built at the same period of history. This difference reflects the rivalry that existed at the time between Nicolas Fouquet, the wealthy master of the estate, and the proud Sun King!
If Vaux-le-Vicomte continues to attract hundreds of thousands of visitors today, it is primarily thanks to the privileged site it occupies in Seine-et-Marne, close to Paris. But beyond this practical aspect, many people come specifically to admire the vast French garden that emerged from the fertile imagination of the famous André Lenôtre.
|Opening hours for the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte
(17th March - 4th November)
(5th May – 6th October)
Last access 60 minutes before closing.
Free admissions and reductions
Children under 6 years old
Reduced rate for students and job seekers (only on site and upon presentation of proof)
- The visit to the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte includes Nicolas Fouquet's private apartments, the ceremonial rooms, the basements, the garden and the crew museum.
- Parking is free in the car parks of the castle.
- For reasons of heritage preservation, strollers are forbidden inside the castle (all other places of the domain are accessible to them).
- Animals are not allowed on the site. Only guide dogs for the blind and visually impaired are accepted.
- Cancellation conditions: tickets cannot be cancelled or refunded.
###Access to Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte
|Arriving at the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte from Paris
approx. 1 hour
|Car or Coach
GPS coordinates of the castle of Vaux-le-Vicomte : enter the town of Maincy then the castle of Vaux-le-Vicomte or 48.568727000 and 2.713580000
Parking : Free parking for cars and coaches.
With the costumes rental service of Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte, children - and even the older ones - can play with kings and queens in period clothes! From the age of 2 years old (in the castle only): 4€ child size, 6€ adult size.